New Orleans Attorneys Advocating For Nursing Home Residents
Do You Suspect Abuse or Neglect?
Neglect and abuse are more common in nursing homes than any of us like to think about, especially because residents of nursing homes are vulnerable. If you or your loved one suspects neglect or abuse at a nursing home, contact the New Orleans nursing home neglect attorneys at Frischhertz & Impastato right away.
Our lawyers understand nursing home malpractice. We are the lead attorneys in a large nursing home case that arose after a nursing home in a low-lying parish chose not to evacuate during Hurricane Katrina in 2005, resulting in the deaths of some residents.
Experienced Team for Abuse and Neglect Cases
Nursing home injuries may include:
- Bedsores resulting from staff failing to move patients or change their position
- Negligence by nurses and physicians, such as failing to recognize common illnesses and failing to prescribe proper medications
- Injuries resulting from inadequate training or inadequate numbers of staff members
- Emotional abuse, physical abuse and sexual abuse
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Injuries from falls or from being improperly transported to bathrooms, showers or other locations
Louisiana has incorporated claims against nursing homes into its medical malpractice laws. To increase your chances of success with a nursing home claim, you need a lawyer who can handle medical malpractice claims. We have a team of veteran attorneys with decades of experience investigating medical malpractice claims and successful, energetic young attorneys who work together.
Serving The Greater New Orleans and Jefferson Parish
Our cases are handled on a contingency basis, meaning we do not charge attorneys’ fees unless we recover for you. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us online or call us at 504-264-9915 or toll free at 866-920-5611.
Se habla español